In addition to the spiritual advice, here are some practical tips for the ladies, when you see a man you are interested in:
- Be yourself. If you feel you need to change anything about yourself, that’s fine, but it should be for God and yourself only i.e. dress the way you normally would, don’t start wearing lots of make up if this is not what you are used to, because you can only keep pretending for so long. 1 Corinthians 15:10
- Be friendly. If you meet eyes, smile and maintain eye contact, even say ‘hello’ or ‘hi’ only if the environment encourages it. Proverbs 18:24 KJV
- Be still. Let the man pursue you, do not approach him first. Men are natural hunters. If he doesn’t ask for your number, do not ask for his. Proverbs 18:22
- Be subtle, show him interest subtly, i.e. give him a welcoming smile to let him know you are interested, one of the biggest reasons a man doesn’t ask a woman out is because he’s not sure if she’s interested and men hate rejection
- Be confident in yourself, don’t act desperate, men can smell desperation a mile away!
- Be approachable. If you’re in a big group of people, separate yourself now and again or even try going out in twos or threes, it’s harder for a man to approach you in a group of 10 women. Also keep your male friends to a minimum, it will be difficult for a man to talk to you, because he’ll think one of them is your boyfriend/husband.
- Be honest. Always tell the truth, If you are at a sports event and hate sports, faking an interest in anything will only come back and bite you.
- Finally, be a godly lady at all times Proverbs 31:10-31