I’m not trying to win the approval of people, but of God. If pleasing people were my goal, I would not be Christ’s servant. Galatians 1:10
Heavenly Father, I humbly come before you in prayer, I give you all the glory and honor
- Lord Jesus, I thank You for saving me and cleansing away my sin at the cross
- I confess with my mouth that I belong to You. You are Lord over my life.
- I now confess all of my sins, known and unknown. I repent of them now. I ask You Lord, to forgive me in the name of Jesus
- I confess I have an addiction to People-Pleasing: needing the approval of others all the time
- I rebuke the root cause: the spirit of fear, in the mighty name of Jesus
- I disconnect myself from the fear of rejection, ridicule, being left out, missing out, in the name of Jesus
- I shake off the heaviness of guilt and shame, people have placed on me, in the name of Jesus
- Lord, please give me the spirit of discernment for when to say yes and when to say NO
- I break every controlling pattern of People-Pleasing, in the name of Jesus
- Lord, heal me from the “What will they say” and “What will they think” syndrome
- Lord, I am a man/woman after your own heart
- Lord, I will look to you for my approval and I declare today that I am a God-Pleaser
I pray all these things in the name of Jesus and give You thanks and praise, Lord, that all these things are done. Amen.
For we speak as messengers approved by God to be entrusted with the Good News. Our purpose is to please God, not people. He alone examines the motives of our hearts. 1 Thessalonian 2:4